How can I help my website show up in search engines?
When you want to buy something there is an excellent chance that you will, at some point in the buying cycle, use the internet search engines to find that something. Your customers are no different. Therefore, having a website is a must for building your online brand.
By Chrissy Clary
But we get it-you’re busy. And so much of the online advice about promoting your business is just convoluted. With that in mind, we pulled together this simple list of basic must-dos to get your online presence in order and help you build an audience.
- Have a Website: Keep in mind that the goal is not to build the most prominent site on the internet. The goal is to have great content and to be found when someone searches for what you are selling. If you can say what you need to say in one page, do it. The site should be clean, easy to use and describe in writing what you do, what you are selling, and how to contact you.
- Get Links: To kickstart your content marketing and make your website easily searchable you need as many links to your site as possible. If you are just getting started, this is what I recommend:
- Set Up a Google My Business Page: This information is used by Google to share for your business information, including through Search and Maps. You can find instructions for setting this up at https://www.google.com/
- Create a Facebook Business Page: Facebook sees 2 billion searches each day, so your business really should have a profile. Even if you don’t post regularly and hate social media you should still have a basic profile with up-to-date business details. For setup details visithttps://www.facebook.com/
- Establish Free Business Listings: Any time you can add a free listing with a link to your site you should do so. Companies may try to sell you advertising, but the good ones will give you a basic listing for free. Yelp, Angie’s List, YP.com, and TripAdvisor are a few of our favorite listing sites. Don’t forget to keep a list of all the places you have listings so that you are able to update them every time the information about your business changes.
- Leverage Your Memberships: If you are a member of a Chamber of Commerce or a similar organization, and a perk of your membership includes a link to your site, take advantage of that offer.
These are our basic steps for any business trying to establish a seo friendly website their place on the internet. Once you have established a good foundation, marketing your business online will become exponentially easier.
Looking for the right solution for your business? We can help!Schedule a free strategy session
What are we thinking about?
With the impending 2020 election...
A few weeks back, some great, while sometimes challenging conversations about the upcoming elections...
What Is a MartechStack?
With so many choices, it can be overwhelming. Marketers need not use all these technologies, but an ...